Wednesday 16 April 2014

What a difference a week or two makes!

Many things are finally growing in the garden.

My biggest successes are certainly the lettuces... My mother has taken a few seedlings down South as I am inundated with them... They are in serious need of thinning out now!

I also have a single parsnip plant... I hope that there will be more soon!

The sweetcorn are nearly ready to be transferred into the vegetable patch - all but one of the seeds germinated so I hope to have a good crop soon!

The herbs are growing from strength... I still have no idea what two of them are.

The fig tree now has leaves and the blueberry, blackcurrant, pear, cherry and strawberry plants have all got flowers - fingers crossed for some fruit!

I have now planted some tomatoes, cucumbers, courgettes and french beans ... I wait to see if they come up as the grow bags are ready...

No comments:

Post a Comment